Being a member of the Life List club for nearly a month has inspired me to reach new heights. I've been reading other life lists and I can't help but feel like mine was severally lacking. So today I'm setting new goals to give myself the extra push I need.
In my last list, I said it was no secret that I wanted to be published. I've come to find that without giving myself specifics, I tend to get lazy. Below I've listed my exact plans on reaching my dream.
1. 1st edit - Re-write and/or edit at least five and half pages a day or twenty-seven pages a week Mon-Fri.
2. 2nd edit - edit fifteen pages a day or seventy-five pages a week Mon-Fri.
3. 3rd edit - edit and send out at least ten pages a week to two or more beta readers.
4. 4th edit - Beta Reader feedback.
5. Send out five query letters every two weeks.
6. Keep writing.
If I can keep this schedule then I should be sending out query letters sometime in December/January. As for my other goals ...
1. Play with my kids everyday, get down and dirty - this hasn't changed
2. Workout for at least one half hour three times a week. (I want you guys to hold me to this!)
3. I've already been doing this without announcing it, but more accountability is always good - use the Dave Ramsey plan to get out of debt.
4. Be more involved in my church and community.
That's kind of a load isn't it? The thing is, I've been able to do all this before, I just need to sacrifice a little sleep.